Monday, November 29, 2010

My Review - Amanpuri Luxury Beach Resort - Pansea Beach, Thailand

When I arrived to Phuket Airport I was immediately greeted by an Amanpuri representative in a 700 Series BMW. I knew this resort thought first class service was of the utmost importance. Named after the Sanksrit word for 'peace' Amanpuri Resort captures that exact feeling. As soon as I stepped foot in this secluded coconut grove tranquility washed through me. Witnessing the most spectacular view of the Andaman Sea, I instantly became one with the local landscape.

My lodging choice landed me interspersed in the resort's coconut palms. It's as if I were sleeping in the Rainforest itself. Beautifully decorated bamboo and hardwood floors surrounded me. The delicate Thai art and antiques seemed to just belong where they were placed. The bedding was light and fresh and I must say that I slept like a baby. I found the accommodations a flawless balance of nature and decadence.

After such a long flight, my first day had to be at the beach, relaxing. Lined with sun loungers and umbrellas this was exactly where I needed to be. I did not get a chance to snorkel in the renowned coral as the season is from December to April, but Pansea Beach is so beautiful it more than made up for it.


By reputation, I knew my relaxing day would not be complete without a visit to the prestigious Aman Spa. I think the greatest part of this spa was that the products were handmade and ingredients from organically grown plants. As soon as I found this out I decided on the body wrap. My senses were absolutely delighted. I am quite the advocate of organic and locally grown products. I find it admirable and crucial for a resort to be sustainable in that sense.

My day ended the best way I think a day should, at a great restaurant! The Terrace Restaurant is a European alfresco restaurant. It was fabulous! I got to sit by the poolside and enjoy the view as well as eat the most delicious Thai!


I must say I had such a great time for such a short stay. The level of service was impeccable and I can't say I had one complaint during my two days in paradise.

-Tracy Smith


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Very interesting post. Fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Your comment is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete